incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject [BUILD] EPM for building packages - was [BUG] AOO cannot be installed
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 19:44:34 GMT
I am trying to create the buildbots so that there is now magical secret
sauce to keep them working.
Thus, I am trying to create a 'recipe' for creating the build machine
which includes:

  * vanilla version of an OS (Ubuntu 10.04 as a starting point for
    buildbots so far)
  * a set of dependencies (which I am currently creating as a set of
    apt-get commands for the machine)
  * a script for running the build (which is translated into the
    buildbot config file)

I practice these on my machine and once they are stable and repeatable,
then they are ready for deploy as a buildbot.
I am wary of steps that include building and deploying patched software
outside of this process.

EPM is currently in this category.  What is our best solution for EPM?

 1. find a dependency that can be repeatably loaded in the dependencies
    list
 2. create a configure option of --with-EPM-path=<URL> and download and
    build a patched EPM during the build

I know I have not included the option of prebuilding the patched EPM -
this is intentional, as this leads to highly customized and
non-reproducable build machines, so I think that is a bad course to follow.

thoughts??

A.