incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: i18nregexp replaced with ICU regexp => heads up
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 09:39:17 GMT
On 03.01.2012 19:13, RGB ES wrote:
> Sorry for reactivating this old thread, but I have a question about the new
> regexp engine: it seems that some regular expressions do not work any more
> on AOO test builds. For example, on OOo 3.3 you can use
> \<[0-9]+[,|\.][0-9]*\>
> to find decimal numbers no matter if the decimal separator is a colon or a
> dot (the expression will find 125.25 and 1253,586) but this expression do
> not work on AOO builds.

Following up myself, AOO will both find strings like "<125.25>" and
"<1253,586>" for the example regexp you provided, but it will not find
"125.25" and "1253,586".

http://www.regular-expressions.info/refflavors.html mentions the \< and
\> that are used in your regexp example as non-standard extensions to
the syntax. With using the new engine we are closer to the reference
http://www.regular-expressions.info/reference.html

Herbert