incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mechtilde <...@mechtilde.de>
Subject Re: [BUG] AOO cannot be installed
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2012 19:26:02 GMT

Hello Dave,

Am 02.01.2012 19:59, schrieb Dave Fisher:

> On Jan 2, 2012, at 10:41 AM, Raphael Bircher wrote:
>
>> Hi Dave
>>
>> Just to clarify. Mechtilde is a contributor since day 0 - 7 years. She is one of
the moast experienced QA here, and a verry skilled manual tester. So she is not a newbe at
all.

> I didn't mean to imply that she is a newbie. She is likely very busy and may have missed
some of the threads. I'm only trying to point out what I've seen. My details are not complete
as I only glance at the build emails.

>> I build only for mac, for linux i point to the Buildbot too. If this builds don't
work for a Linux distribution it is a serios problem, so it's right to bring it on the list.

>> What Mechtilde miss, are de frequently snapshots from the project it self, not from
same contributors. The test build should be from the same mashine as the final release. You
can build AOO on two computers with Linux, you will have two different builds even you use
the same revision.

>> For this reason, test builds has to come from the same mashin as the release. For
my point of view it's not a good idea to use a contributors computer for it. So the main plattform
Wendows, Linux, Mac realy need a Buildbot, and this is not a "nice to have" it's a *realy
urgent task*

> Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4197

What should I see here?

That you want to setup Bildbots for Windows Mac and Solaris?

> Andrew has been working on the ubuntu build since mid-November.
>
> So the project misses builds and the project has been working on the issue.

Why do you publish nighbtly builds although you know that they doesn't
work since 6 weeks as you wrote yourself (Mid of November 2011)

And where can I read whether this issue is fixed or not?

To update an Ubuntu or a Debian System I only need one day in the worst
case but never more.

>> And if one of this Buildbot produce unusable builds, then we have a serios problem.
>
> Sure and that is to be fixed by engaging in the buildbot development process. Andrew
Rist and Gavin are the people to engage.

After we have a first working build on Windows and Linux 32 bit and 64
bit we can discuss about a release plan but no day earlier.

Kind regards

Mechtilde

> Regards,
> Dave
>

>> Greetings Raphael
>> Am 02.01.12 17:47, schrieb Dave Fisher:
>>> Hi Mechtilde,
>>>
>>> There are developer snapshots available - if you follow the ML closely they are
discussed.

>>> Have a look at this: http://www.raphaelbircher.ch/devsnap.php
>>>
>>> Raphael has been making significant contributions to AOO since day one.
>>>
>>> Andrew RIst and others have been working with Gavin from Apache Infra on buildbots
for several platforms.

>>> Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4197
>>>
>>> I agree that this information is hard to find. Someone should blog about it and
let people know...

>>> Regards,
>>> Dave
>>>
>>> On Jan 2, 2012, at 8:33 AM, Mechtilde wrote:

As

We don't
> At this time there is NO other version for any plattform on
> http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/ available

This is much
> There is NO version of Apache OpenOffice and there is NO version to test
> it before a release.

Ariel. And it