incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: draft - Website migration(+) announcement - draft
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2012 18:55:43 GMT
On 31/12/2011 Rob Weir wrote:
> HTML is not very reliable in email.  But maybe we could do this:   Create
> the newsletter as a webpage, either on the wiki, or via mdtext or the
> blog.  That has the full text of the newsletter.  Then for the announce
> list, we just include the table of contents or the first paragraph or some
> other enticing lead-in, and then link to the full newsletter.

We could also send the whole HTML newsletter with the usual initial link
"If the newsletter does not display correctly, click here for the Web
version", or similar text.

This initial line could also be used to say that translated versions of
the newsletter exist. They would not be sent until the time this project
has native-language announce lists, but they would be linked from the
online version.

Regards,
   Andrea.