incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Has docs converter been created?
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 19:48:33 GMT
Hi Wolf,

On Jan 18, 2012, at 5:16 AM, Wolf Halton wrote:

> The department I work for has just standardized on MS Office 2010 and I am
> constantly getting broken-xml docx files that I cannot look at in either
> OOo or LibreOffice 3.4.  I was reading a thread on the forum from 2007 when
> docx first came out and we were having to suggest people use MS Office for
> docx.  Are we any closer to being able to read and convert docx?

I don't know about here at AOO, but if you can use Java then you will find support for docx,
xlsx, and pptx in Apache POI.

Nick Burch and Yegor Kozlov are mentors for Apache ODF Toolkit (incubating) and on the POI
PMC. I am also on the POI PMC.

You might want to take your questions about broken docx's to the poi developers list.