incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [BUG] AOO cannot be installed
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2012 18:59:24 GMT

On Jan 2, 2012, at 10:41 AM, Raphael Bircher wrote:

> Hi Dave
>
> Just to clarify. Mechtilde is a contributor since day 0 - 7 years. She is one of the
moast experienced QA here, and a verry skilled manual tester. So she is not a newbe at all.

I didn't mean to imply that she is a newbie. She is likely very busy and may have missed some
of the threads. I'm only trying to point out what I've seen. My details are not complete as
I only glance at the build emails.

> I build only for mac, for linux i point to the Buildbot too. If this builds don't work
for a Linux distribution it is a serios problem, so it's right to bring it on the list.

> What Mechtilde miss, are de frequently snapshots from the project it self, not from same
contributors. The test build should be from the same mashine as the final release. You can
build AOO on two computers with Linux, you will have two different builds even you use the
same revision.

> For this reason, test builds has to come from the same mashin as the release. For my
point of view it's not a good idea to use a contributors computer for it. So the main plattform
Wendows, Linux, Mac realy need a Buildbot, and this is not a "nice to have" it's a *realy
urgent task*

Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4197

Andrew has been working on the ubuntu build since mid-November.

So the project misses builds and the project has been working on the issue.

> And if one of this Buildbot produce unusable builds, then we have a serios problem.

Sure and that is to be fixed by engaging in the buildbot development process. Andrew Rist
and Gavin are the people to engage.

Regards,
Dave

> Greetings Raphael
> Am 02.01.12 17:47, schrieb Dave Fisher:
>> Hi Mechtilde,
>>
>> There are developer snapshots available - if you follow the ML closely they are discussed.
>>
>> Have a look at this: http://www.raphaelbircher.ch/devsnap.php
>>
>> Raphael has been making significant contributions to AOO since day one.
>>
>> Andrew RIst and others have been working with Gavin from Apache Infra on buildbots
for several platforms.

>> Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4197
>>
>> I agree that this information is hard to find. Someone should blog about it and let
people know...

>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>> On Jan 2, 2012, at 8:33 AM, Mechtilde wrote:

>>> At this time there is NO other version for any plattform on
>>> http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/ available

>>> There is NO version of Apache OpenOffice and there is NO version to test
>>> it before a release.

And it