incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Seeking Bugzilla Admin Volunteers
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2012 15:05:59 GMT

On Jan 15, 2012, at 1:49 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> Rob Weir wrote:
>> Did you read anyone say that current privileges are going to be
>> dropped?  I certainly did not say that.
>
> No, but that was a doubt I had: in the process of granting new privileges, it might be
that someone notices that a lot of people already have high privileges, and that this group
includes people currently unaffiliated with the project. I was just making sure that current
privileges are not dropped now: this will still be an issue, but it can be dealt with separately.

We need to have a common set of privileges for ALL committers. We should not have to request
it, it should be done.

The PPMC should decide what the normal set of privileges should be for the general community
as well.

Maybe as another thread this will noticed.

I am really glad I rejected using BZ to discuss the website a few months ago since no privileges
with the AOO BZ have been assigned to anyone who wasn't with the former project yet former
members who have not continued with this project still have privileges.

This is a huge issue and ought to be addressed this week.

Regards,
Dave