incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CODE] update services
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 19:06:54 GMT
Hi Jürgen,

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 07:41:58PM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> > Unfortunately I cannot test how this is implemented because the feature
> > depends on functionality removed in the IP clearance (libneon), and
> > I don't have a pre-ip-clearance build to test.
> >

> We are working on the replacement for neon with libserf. It's the last big
> missing feature for IP clearance. We have to reimplement the UCP and have
> to integrate 3 libs (apr, apr-util and serf) in our buil env. It's mainly
> Oliver and Andre who are working on this right now.

As I work in Linux, I managed to do the trick with:

* configure --with-system-neon will enable the WebDav content provider
* export BUILD_SPECIAL=YES because the update component is not installed
  without that env. var. set, vid. scp2/util/makefile.mk:

.IF "$(BUILD_SPECIAL)"!=""
SCP1FILES += \
    module_onlineupdate.par   \
    file_onlineupdate.par
.ENDIF

Side note: that BUILD_SPECIAL adds other stuff. It should be replaced
with an --enable-update-service or the like.

> If the update feature is based on the http/WebDAV UCP, we can probably test
> it soon.

yes, it does use WebDAV UCP, the UpdateInformationProvider sends a request
as explained in
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Update_Notification_Protocol#Request
see
/mnt/build/openoffice/apache/trunk/main/extensions/source/update/feed/updatefeed.cxx
specially the CTOR UpdateInformationProvider::UpdateInformationProvider

/mnt/build/openoffice/apache/trunk/main/extensions/source/update/check/updateprotocol.cxx
specially checkForUpdates

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile