incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ariel Constenla-Haile <>
Subject Re: [CODE] update services
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:05:48 GMT

Hi Regina,

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 12:02:41PM +0100, Regina Henschel wrote:
> I have tried this:
> I have written analog to the example in the wiki page
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <inst:description
> xmlns:inst="">

This must be the UpdateID in version.ini
>   <inst:id>OpenOffice.org_2_de</inst:id>
>   <inst:version>3.4</inst:version>

This must be ProductBuildid in version.ini
>   <inst:buildid>340m1(Build:9584)</inst:buildid>

The next one should be simply Windows. Check for example 


That file has the form javasettings_${_OS}_${_ARCH}.xml
so you can get the next two items from this file name:

>   <inst:os>Windows_NT</inst:os>
>   <inst:arch>x86</inst:arch>

${_OS}   Windows  - wrong
${_ARCH} x86      - ok

>   <inst:update type="text/html"
> src="" />
> </inst:description>
> and put it as file with file name test_check.update
> to this location
> Then I have changed UpdateURL in version.ini to point to this URL.
> When I now let OpenOffice search for Update, I get the response,
> that the version is up to date.
> I have tried varying entries in nodes 'inst:id' 'inst:version' and
> 'inst:buildid', but always get "version is up to date".

try this one, it's working; in version.ini:


Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

View raw message