incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EXT] disable/enable toolbar functions
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:56:57 GMT
Hi Fabian,

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 10:04:35PM -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> It looks as if you had some issues translating the code from C++ to
> Java, on the other hand the C++ has some issues if you want to implement
> it in a real-world use case (where you send status updates according to
> the current selection, etc).
> I see if I can write some simple example, real-world oriented.

See http://people.apache.org/~arielch/api/ShapeComplexToolbarControl/

In a lack of imagination, I took the dummy shape example. The extensions
add a toolbar in Writer with two edit fields, displaying the Title and
Description of the currently selected shape. Of course, when no shape is
selected in the current view, the controls are disabled.

Notice that I wrote it fast and without much testing, so be warned.

This is a complex subject, so the better way to understand it is to
select "Debug Extension in Target OpenOffice.org" inside NetBeans, set
break point on the ProtocolHandler implementation, and start debugging
specially from queryDispatch().

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile