incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CODE] update services
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 20:04:18 GMT
On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 12:52:18PM -0500, Rob Weir wrote:
> A few weeks ago I tried the lazy man's approach:
>
> -- added an entry to my hosts file to direct
> update36.services.openoffice.org to a local HTTP server, just so the
> host could be resolved.
>
> no luck.
>
> -- tried responding with an empty XML file for that request.
>
> no luck.
>
> So we probably can't avoid understanding what the code is expecting
> when it makes these update requests.  Once we understand that, we
> could probably host a minimal static XML file (I'm assuming it is XML)
> that satisfies the update checking logic.

The code is in main/extensions/source/update/
rather illuminating
main/extensions/source/update/check/updateprotocol.cxx

The format is xml, you can see main/instsetoo_native/util/update.xml

We'll have to investigate (I like learning by debugging, I'm building
that code with debug symbols right now).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina