incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BUILD]: propose new Developer snapshot builds based on revision r1234077
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:27:41 GMT
Hi Jürgen,

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 11:03:26AM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose that we prepare the next set of dev
> snapshots based on the revision r1234077. The buildbot has
> successfully build this revision and I think we can use it for the
> next snapshot builds.
>
> The builds will be made available again under https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots
>
> Please keep in mind that we don't store older builds right now. If
> you detect any problems please refer to the exact rev. number of the
> build that you currently use.
>
> I would also like to propose that we focus on builds that are
> available on the wiki page only. Otherwise we will get lost and will
> loos focus.
>
> And one further note, the developer snapshots have as far as I know
> no system integration to allow parallel installation to older
> versions. That means potential features depending on system
> integration won't work.

you're right. On Windows OLE automation does not work because the
installer does not register it - as an example.

To make things easier for our testers, I'd like to propose that we
increase BUILD in main/solenv/inc/minor.mk to 9585

This way the DevSnapshot will be taken as un update to the previous
DevSnapshot, and the tester does not have to manually un-install the
previous version (tested on Win7/XP and Linux, but should work on other
platforms as well).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile