incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [build] planning to create new developer snapshots
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 16:01:46 GMT

Hi Oliver, Jürgen,

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:39:04PM +0100, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FYI, I have started the builds for revision 1229435.
>
> Best regards, Oliver.

> >Hi,
> >
> >I am planning to create new developer snapshots from the today's revision.
> >
> >Ariel is already using his space on people.apache.org to provide such developer
> >snapshots. I would like to do the same in order to share the effort on such a
> >'service'.
> >
> >I am able to create builds under Ubuntu 11.10, 32bit (running in a VirtualBox)
> >and Windows 7.
> >
> >@Ariel: May be you can share your 'website' sources/structure. I would use it it
> >for my people.apache.org 'website'
> >
> >Any comments/objections/improvements?
> >

> >Best regards, Oliver.

I've uploaded new builds based on rev. 1229372

http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/changelog-1226179-1229372.html

Until all build boots are set up and building weekly Developer
Snapshots, may be we can split the task so that each one builds on a target
platform, in a way that it will be easier for all us (== no need to
build on a virtual machine).

I can build Linux 32 and 64 bits on a 6 core PC, rather fast, but WinXP
builds are built on a virtual machine, so I will take Linux builds.
Oliver can build on his Windows 7 PC, and Jürgen on his Mac.

We should agree what to build:

* full install sets for langauges ...
* language packs for languages ...
* SDK
* URE?

We should also agree when the build is done, so that we all build the
same revision.

Packages can be uploaded to each http://people.apache.org/~user
directory, and the index page
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/index.html can be moved to