incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Lauder <g.a.lau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving ahead with the AOO logo and rebranding
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 01:59:30 GMT
On Monday 09 Jan 2012 10:53:32 Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Graham Lauder <g.a.lauder@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Monday 09 Jan 2012 06:51:26 Rob Weir wrote:
> <snip>

> >> It would be great if you posted your drafts to this list and/or the
> >> wiki.
> >
> > My apologies, I thought I had.
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Survey+Design
>
> Great.  I took a read over, and made some improvements to the
> pre-notification letter.  For example, you said that we had "shifted
> the asserts" to Apache servers.  But "shifting assets" is something
> one can go to prison for, at least in some regional varieties of
> English.

Yep looks great, I've removed the "going forward" as unnecessary verbiage.

> What did you have in mind for the survey itself?  Were you thinking of
> SurveyMonkey?

Survey monkey is good, though personally I prefer Zoomerang, but I'm with
Claudio,  Lime Survey is great  and we have an instance in place already that
we possibly could use before Oracle pulls the plug entirely.

Possible Andrew?

I was considering a JIRA request to infra to install an instance on an AFS
Server and that would be a definite for later.  Right now I'm looking for a
path of least resistance to some useful data.

> It would be good to have a draft of the survey itself ready before we
> sent out the pre-notification.

I'm working on that now, but I'm doing it offline.  I'm on dialup and the wiki
can be problematic with timing out.  However feel free in the meantime to
brainstorm questions on there, as the saying goes "No such thing as a stupid
question." or even just think out loud about what data is needed and I'll
frame questions to suit.  I'll prune later for focus, priorities and
completion time.

Cheers
GL