incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trying to compile on Solaris 11
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2012 21:57:33 GMT

Hi Paul,

On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 03:32:42PM -0500, Paul Gress wrote:
> OK, I decided to take a stab at compiling OO on Solaris 11 with SolarisStudio 12.3.
>
> It stops short in configure at dmake:
>
> .
> .
> .
> checking for dmake... checking for dmake... /opt/solarisstudio12.3/bin/dmake
> using system dmake
> checking whether the found dmake is the right dmake... configure: WARNING: no
> configure: error: please use --with-dmake-path or --with-dmake-url to specify dmake executable
or source
> bash-4.1$
>

> There is only one dmake on my system.  Where is the proper one located?

you have to build it yourself.
You'll need two tools: dmake and patched epm 3.7.
You have different options, run ./configure --help

You can build them on your own, and give the path in the configure
switches.

--with-dmake-path=<PATH TO EXECUTABLE>
--with-epm=<PATH TO EXECUTABLE>

Or you can give URLs to download the sources and build them.

--with-dmake-url=<URL>
--with-epm-url=<URL>

In either case, you can find the sources at
http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2
http://ftp.easysw.com/pub/epm/3.7/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz

Regards
--