incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BUILD] New unofficial, untested and unstable "Developer Snapshots" builds (rev. 1226179)
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 18:33:42 GMT
Hi Oliver,

On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 09:10:33AM +0100, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> Hi Ariel,
>
> just one question for my own builds:
> How do you assure that the developer snapshots are installed with
> another name and do not override stable installations?

you have to run, as usual, build --all in instsetoo_native/
and then, in instsetoo_native/util

dmake openofficedev
dmake ooodevlanguagepack
dmake sdkoodev

AFAIK this is the only method.
It has the drawback that you have to build *first* a normal install set
and *then* a developer snapshot.

To make things easier for me I use the attached patch, and configure
--with-devsnapshot

As I build language packs too, I added:

ALLTAR : openofficedev sdkoodev_en-US ure_en-US ooodevlanguagepack

you can remove ooodevlanguagepack if you don't need language packs.
It's a kind of hack, but it works for my needs :)

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina