incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Extensions hosting
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 17:26:45 GMT

Hi *,

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 09:18:07AM +0100, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> We should keep in mind that for many extension developers it's
> probably ok to create a SF, GoogleCode or whatever project to host
> the extension code and the binary. But i believe that there are also
> many developers who simply want to put there macro collection in an
> extension container with the necessary meta data and want share it
> with others. Means they simply want to upload it for broader
> availability without creating their own project or the necessity to
> have their own webspace for hosting the binary extension.
>
> And i think this is even more important for templates. People create
> a nice template and would ideally be able to upload it directly from
> the office. Ok for upload we would need some kind of registration
> and authentication to do that. But that would be very convenient for
> users.

not only templates, there is a whole set of NON-CODE extensions, that is
you do not need to be a developer nor write any code to build very
useful extensions!
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Non-code_extensions

You can not expect those "extension creators" (new term, as they are not
developers in the sense of developing source code) to create a SF
project or the like.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile