incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BUG] AOO cannot be installed
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2012 20:01:24 GMT
On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 07:41:35PM +0100, Raphael Bircher wrote:
> Hi Dave
>
> Just to clarify. Mechtilde is a contributor since day 0 - 7 years.
> She is one of the moast experienced QA here, and a verry skilled
> manual tester. So she is not a newbe at all.
>
> I build only for mac, for linux i point to the Buildbot too. If this
> builds don't work for a Linux distribution it is a serios problem,
> so it's right to bring it on the list.
>
> What Mechtilde miss, are de frequently snapshots from the project it
> self, not from same contributors. The test build should be from the
> same mashine as the final release. You can build AOO on two
> computers with Linux, you will have two different builds even you
> use the same revision.
>
> For this reason, test builds has to come from the same mashin as the
> release. For my point of view it's not a good idea to use a
> contributors computer for it. So the main plattform Wendows, Linux,
> Mac realy need a Buildbot, and this is not a "nice to have" it's a
> *realy urgent task*
>
> And if one of this Buildbot produce unusable builds, then we have a
> serios problem.

Those build are unusable due to the EPM version, a subject that has been
discussed since the epm removal, so I have no idea why the buildboot
ended with a system epm.

IMO the Linux build boot should produce also RPM packages, not only
DEBs. And nightly builds are useful for keeping the code base buildable,
but for testing purposes it would be more useful a weekly developer
snapshot.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile