incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject [code] 4.x Feature planning: MTL proposal
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:46:59 GMT
Hi;

Just thought I'd share my plan here :).

As many of you have noticed, I proposed adding Matrix Template
Library to OpenOffice's calc.
http://osl.iu.edu/research/mtl/mtl2.php3

I am still undecided whether using MTL2 or MTL4 (MTL4 seems to
use Boost) but at first glance bringing this in should not be
difficult and it may just be a matter of having calc use the
new classes for the underlying operations. This may also
prove useful for UNO extensions.

Adding MTL can probably be done without having any impact on
the end user but I don't really know Calc well enough and
I think our Calc experts will be very busy bringing in code
from Symphony so I will move this proposal from 4.0 to 4.1.

Depending on how things go, I think I will create a
branch to start working on it towards the end of the 4.0
release cycle.

Pedro.