incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Nancy K <nancythirt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [CODE]: "Registration..." menu entry in the Help menu
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 16:30:05 GMT
I would like to add that one of the reasons I have not jumped in to help, is that I do not
know where my skills could best be applied.  I have the time, I have college training in
PHP/mySQL, Javascript, web design AS degree - but have not used these in a year, so feel my
tools of the trade slipping.  That is what I would get out of volunteering - pride of finishing
a job, helping this project helps me at the same time.

What I would like to see is a radio check box of skills (Xhtml, PHP, CSS, CSS3, etc) that
would pop up a link to where those skills could best be used for starters.  This way I can
jump in quicker - and then at a later time start branching into skill areas I have no experience
in but want to try.

Right now I am getting the emails from this list ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org and listening
to descriptions of progress that I am not familiar. There is a lot of great information on
your sites and I am eager to start somewhere - but poor Rob cannot be expected to answer everyone.
 I think radio buttons or a site map for getting started - or something like a presentation
of 'If you have these skills, we currently need your help (link)there'.

Please let me know if this already exists - I have looked around the wiki's and development
and web design areas and I really do like to organize information - if that is where I could
help?
Nancy

     Nancy      Web Design
Free 24 hour pass to lynda.com.