incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 18 Jan 2012: SOPA and PIPA Protest Banner
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 04:31:07 GMT
Hi Louis --

Regarding your query on issuing a statement on the ASF blog (or otherwise), this is something
that you --the collective Apache OpenOffice.org iPMC-- can do. As you're still undergoing
incubation, the ASF Marketing & Publicity team are unable to issue press releases or make
any formal announcements regarding the project. When you become a TLP, we can kick that into
gear by helping with major milestone announcements.

In the meantime, feel free to send a note to the ASF Infrastructure team to receive posting
credentials for blogs.apache.org. As long as there's consensus within the iPMC of what will
be posted on behalf of the incubating project, you're good to go. I know that Don Harbison
(copied) is coordinating much of this on behalf of the project.

Should there not be consensus regarding issuing a statement, the you may post something on
your personal blog or elsewhere, but must make it absolutely clear that it is your personal
opinion and that you are not representing the ASF or the Apache OpenOffice.org iPMC or community
-at large.

Cheers,
Sally

= = = = = Boston +1 617 921 8656 London +44 (0) 20 3239 9686 skype sallykhudairi