incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL (was Re: Category-B tarballs in SVN )
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 02:25:25 GMT

--- Lun 16/1/12, Rob Weir ha scritto:
> > the the Apache licensing policies:
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html
> >

> That URL is for an earlier draft of the policy.  You
> really should be
> referencing the latest version of the policy here:
>
> http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b

I have looked at this and indeed this appears to be
the definitive policy (the previous one was being
revised every 6 months and gave lighter provisions
for podlings). The definitive policy is much less
clear than the draft but certainly doesn't seem
to contradict it.

Still there is no distinction between source packages
and binary packages and it seems the principles in the
draft still apply.

Pedro.