incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: www.openoffice-forum.de <- Spam-Forum
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 00:05:40 GMT
On Tue, 2012-01-17 at 22:33 +0100, Guenter Mehle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/1/17, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>:
> > On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 9:58 AM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> >> On Tue, 2012-01-17 at 13:51 +0100, Guenter Mehle wrote:
> >
> >> Two things -
> >>
> >> First, I would think there are multiple edits for that page.
> >>
> >> Remove links for:
> >> www.ooo-portal.de
> >> www.openoffice-forum.de
> >> and
> >> forum.sun.com
> >>

> > I don't think we should remove links merely because they have some
> > spam in their forums.  Spam is a problem we all need to deal with.
>
> There is the suspicion that the owner of this forum
> a personal interest in the Spam has.
> I would not like to say more to it.
>
> In respectable forums one deletes Spam. In this forum not,
> anyhow not going around.
> It is not OK that Spam is only deleted after one, two, three or more weeks.
>

> If the owner of this forum would have volunteers/admins
> these could delete the Spam.
> These do not cost anything
>
> but he would not like to have volunteers / admins.
> If the owner of this forum would want., he could get it.

Hi Guenter, Rob, et al

Well, in the case of the first site:
www.ooo-portal.de

I think this should be removed not for any spam but because the operator
removed, TTBOMK, the forum with he opened the new site lo-portal.de, so
really there is no good reason to list it on this page any longer.

In the case of the second listed site:
www.openoffice-forum.de

I would think this site should be removed for somewhat the same reason.
The owners have since opened a LibreOffice specific site and I kind of
think this site is being left behind - Guenter is not the first person
to bring up problems at the site, only the first one to do so on this
list.

The third site:
forum.sun.com - well that is just gone..so easy call there :)

Anyway, just my opinion and I would certainly defer to folks in German
speaking lands on what finally to do.

Best wishes,

//drew