incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question related derivative code based on our Apache licensed code
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 01:18:45 GMT
You're probably right about the copyrightability
of trivial patches.  If there's really only one
obvious way of doing something, that expression
typically doesn't enjoy copyright protection.

In any case you should expect people to be conscientious
about their licensing choices, particularly people with
GPL stripes.  But if the ideas are good, you're certainly
allowed to reuse them so long as the expression is your
own creation.