incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject another use of the mark request - another logo props update - more branding IOW..
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2012 21:34:20 GMT
Howdy,

Well, haven't looked to update the wiki just yet, will try to finish
that tonight..

in the meantime I was reading the comments on the logo - branding - name
questions (w/incubating w/p) and spent some time rethinking the images
from the other day.

I tried to be more expressive of a change, while attempting to think of
appropriate incremental type edits.

So, these I would propose for use for the current developer snapshot
builds - you will see, I hope, that again I tried to emphasize the
nature of the release (or non-release if you will) w/ strong dev.
snapshot text.

So - before I go eat and come back to the wiki, here is a link to the
new files as an archive:
http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/gttysbrg.tar.bz2

The file has 3 folders:
SVG for the inkscape source files.
- logo.svg is now included
-- note this file uses layers to allow different
-- permutations of the basic logo design
-- this file no longer can be edited as text
-- rather is suited for scaling

install
- has the a new look for application embedded graphics.

banner
- used the basic logo to generate a couple of web style
- images

and speaking of which I've used one of those on a web page, though I
don't think this use requires pre-emptive permission I don't mind asking
for such.
http://lo-portal.us/aoo