incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Category-B tarballs in SVN (was Re: External libraries)
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 17:04:26 GMT
Hello Joe;

--- Ven 13/1/12, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> ha scritto:

> Please do not step down from the PPMC
> Pedro,
> you have done good work here and it is very important
> that the PPMC consist of such people going forward.
>

> Creating a class of active committers who are not
> on the PPMC will not help move this project closer
> to graduation.  Let's please avoid that circumstance
> over what appears to be a simple disagreement.

It is a simple disagreement but I happen to feel exactly
like Juergen about this. There is an interesting, and
rather funny, theory to explain this situation and
technically speaking we are in a region of stupidity:

http://cantrip.org/stupidity.html

At this time it is better to leave such region so I am
willing to drop this discussion entirely.

If things come to vote I do have to be consistent with
what I think and it would probably be better to the
to avoid me causing conflicts, but I will better take
such a decision with a clear head and not now.

Pedro.