incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Category-B tarballs in SVN (was Re: External libraries)
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:20:29 GMT

>________________________________

I'm not sure the IPMC will be sympathetic to the idea that this is done
solely for the sake of convenience.  ASF's buildbot for instance is capable
of downloading source dependencies prior to building the software,
and you could even make it part of the build scripts to download

Category-B sources before building them as part of AOO builds.

The IPMC tends to want compliance with what it considers best practice
for its podlings, and if that's not able to be met, clear and compelling
reasons for an alternative solution will be expected.

But you're on the right track in first determining what the actual consensus
of the PPMC is.  Please continue...