incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Category-B tarballs in SVN (was Re: External libraries)
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 01:45:23 GMT
Hi,

--- Gio 12/1/12, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> ha scritto:
> Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> > --- Gio 12/1/12, Rob Weir  ha scritto:
> >> Also, the MPL license requires that we make our
> modified
> >> files available electronically for 12 months.
> > Thank you for pointing this out.
> > This sounds pretty much unacceptable for Apache
> policies
>
> Anyway this could be solved by the MPL 2.0 if it is really
> problematic: section 6 of MPL 1.1 allows to upgrade to MPL
> 2.0 and with MPL 2.0 "rather than exactly specifying the
> amount of time source code must be available, the source
> code must simply be made available when the executable is
> made available".
>
> At least that is my reading of
> http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/Revision-FAQ.html

The MPL 2 is indeed much better than MPL 1.1 but it still
pretty much in Category B: I am wondering if they reinvented
the CDDL ;).

I am not sure the update is automatic.. I think the Rhino
project (which happens to be the only thing in that category
we have updated) hasn't decided if it will switch: but I
really don't know if or why they wouldn't do it.

Pedro.