incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ld: gold vs bfd
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 18:39:28 GMT

--- Mer 11/1/12, Andre Fischer <af@a-w-f.de> ha scritto:

> Data: Mercoledì 11 gennaio 2012, 12:03
> On 11.01.2012 17:24, Pedro Giffuni
> wrote:
> > FWIW;
> >
> > This is likely to have positive effects on the
> FreeBSD
> > port. Maho had a change in order to build vcl
> (attached)
> > that I was afraid to commit previously.
> >
> > No idea if it still applies or is required.
>
> It should still be possible to apply the patch, but now
> there may be a more elegant way to do it.  However, I
> would need more information to
> say for sure (what are the actual build problems?).

Linking errors, specially when using some system
libraries that would try to link with the system
icu.

All in all, the actual build system is very fragile
so I was hoping to be able to use the gnumake4 CWS
since bugzilla i116959 (user defined CFLAGS and LDFLAGS).
is critical for us.

FWIW, FreeBSD 10 will be abandoning gcc/libstdc++ in
favor of clang/libc++ and I am seeing many interesting
enhancements done internally to accommodate for it.

> Maybe you or Maho can try to build vcl with my
> changes?

I don't think we have another option ;-).

> If it still does not work or shows new problems then
> maybe I can help (at least I am  willing to try :-)

Thanks. Maho and I still have a lot to put in order,
but I will surely try it.

Pedro.