incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <>
Subject Re: FreeBSD port is now builds and working
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 19:13:56 GMT

--- Lun 9/1/12, Rob Weir <> ha scritto:
> Congratulations!
> Do you (or Pedro) want to draft a blog post on this?
> It might be worth describing the history of the OOo BSD
> port, and what your hopes for the future are.  Also,
> why you like the Apache license.

Well, Maho-san is the man for the port history.

Concerning the Apache license, we appreciate the extra
freedom but it doesn't really have a deep difference for
FreeBSD as a project. For us it's much more important the
fact that OO is now under the umbrella of the Apache
Foundation. FreeBSD and Apache work well together:

best regards,

View raw message