incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NOTICE, LICENSE, README etc.
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 16:48:51 GMT

--- Lun 9/1/12, J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com> ha scritto:

> not sure if understand you correct. You mean renaming
> THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.hmtl to NOTICE.html and use the
> same content (in  html notation) as in the current NOTICE
> file?

Yes, just to be consistent with the Apache way: We don't
need to reproduce complete license in the NOTICE file and
if we can just generate the txt file from the html file
we will keep it all in sync without much effort.

> Well renaming is probably no problem. Or we can use the
> NOTICE file as it is directly. I can see no problem here
> right now but maybe I have overseen something.

Yes. FWIW, Opengrok found 13 occurences of THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.hmtl

(but I removed it from the license_us* already)

cheers,

Pedro.