incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Moving ahead with the AOO logo and rebranding
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2012 02:12:47 GMT
On Fri, 2012-01-06 at 13:58 -0500, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> > A month ago Drew sent a logo proposal to the ooo-marketing list.  It
> > has been discussed and iterated on that list.  The current state of
> > the proposal is on the wiki:
> >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal
> >
> > Personally I think this is fine work, and since we've received no
> > counter-proposals in the last month, we should go ahead and update the
> > splash screen and website with the new logo.  That's my opinion.
> > However, others have suggested we take a RTC approach to this.  So be
> > it.
> >
> > Please review the logo proposal on the above wiki page.  If you have a
> > counter proposal now, or if you intend to make a counter-proposal but
> > need more time, then please speak up.  But if there are no other
> > proposals, then we have lazy consensus.
> >

> We now have more than one logo proposal.  So I'll withdraw my proposal
> to move forward with Drew's logo (the only one we had at the time).
>
> Would it be worth at this point, having a public call for proposals on
> the logo?  Maybe advertise with a blog post?  Give a month or two to
> collect responses, then we vote?

Howdy Rob,

Well, my last email to you I think was the one saying I thought the logo
change on the website should hold of till a Developer Snapshot build had
the same graphic change..so of course I agree, it would not hurt to try
and gather further proposals.

Ok - how long? Let me flip it around, how long do you think before there
would be a binary download available from the developer snapshot link on
the website? How much run up time do you want for the graphics files for
that build? (that can pretty darn slim, can't it)

>From that last question I'd gauge the answer for how long to wait for
proposals.

Best wishes,

//drew