incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: suggested CMS workflows for ooo-site
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 00:55:02 GMT
----- Original Message -----

Not too fond of that approach as we'd lose the history of the production tree
in the process.  Not every change to staging winds up being promoted.

There is an alternative approach that I am reluctant to mention but might
be the best solution for everyone: to use SSI as part of your templating system.
The downside is that it adds a bit of conceptual complexity to the CMS
as well as to people doing local builds as they will now need an SSI-enabled
server to inspect their build results.

The upside is that sledgehammer commits would be a thing of the past as
the Django templates would rarely need to be altered directly.  You'd just
be altering individual files in content/ containing (markdown-converted)
html fragments that the server would dynamically include into every page
based on the SSI calls in the Django templates.