incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Team OpenOffice White Label Office (powered by Apache Open Office)
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 23:55:33 GMT

--- Mer 4/1/12, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> ha scritto:

> It doesn't make sense to me that all of the above must use
> a different name than "OpenOffice", since some of them are
> exactly equal to OpenOffice, just changing by distribution
> or packaging mechanism.
>
> For example, once Pedro has a BSD port working, and is
> ready to distribute it, what would it be called?  "BSD
> Office"?  Or could it be called "Apache OpenOffice, BSD
> Edition"   That is a good example of a port.

Neither: it will be the FreeBSD Apache Openffice port,
not unlike the FreeBSD OpenOffice.org port:
http://www.freshports.org/editors/openoffice.org-3/

or the FreeBSD Apache httpd port:
http://www.freshports.org/www/apache22/

Our packaging system builds everything directly from
the sources and we don't really do enough changes to
justify rebranding.

cheers,

Pedro.