incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question related derivative code based on our Apache licensed code
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 21:52:35 GMT
----- Original Message -----

In that case be our guest.  You may keep the LGPL licensing on the larger work
if you so choose, and you may alter the licensing on individual files by adding
LGPL headers to them (but NOT REMOVING Apache License/Copyright headers, just
insert a comment saying "portions originally licensed under the following...".

> About possible backports:  I'd like to keep OOo4Kids under LGPL v3, but
> I'm ok to reverse features considered as enough interesting to be integrated
> into Apache OOo (I hope I'm clear)
>
> At the begining, OOo4Kids (and OOoLight) are "toys" used as a lab, to
> test Fun and new features with students, or simply to analyze performance
> issues. The second idea was to reverse interesting code into OOo.

You are free to do whatever you like with your own creative work, but please
refrain from incorporating 3rd party contributions to OOo4Kids into Apache
Openoffice without explicit permission from the authors of those contributions.

HTH