incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question related derivative code based on our Apache licensed code
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 20:28:23 GMT
----- Original Message -----

It depends on how that is actually done: just going in and changing licensing on
files you have no copyright interest in is actually a violation of copyright law.
However if you make substantive modifications to those files, that derivative
work may be licensed under any terms that are compatible with the original Apache
license.

Modulo the usual discrepancies about the virality of the *GPL in the case of sublicensed
(not "relicensed") code, the above is the ASF's position on the subject AIUI.