incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WWW] question about current Web site instructions...
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2012 23:35:58 GMT

On Jan 29, 2012, at 2:36 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> I'm looking at --
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/website-local.html
>
> In the SETUP area, past the svn instructions is a section on installing
> python that also references the Apache CMS. Are these only needed for
> basically building the "ooo" site locally?

Yes. Only locally.

> That is, if you intend to
> duplicate what say the "ooo" site on your local machine's "web area",
> assuming you had this activated?

You need that for local builds. Like for example experimenting with the website's design.

> I would like to edit this page to  provide more information to "new"
> participants generally speaking who might only be providing "patches" to
> either the project website, "ooo", or the user portal, "ooo-site". So, I
> need a bit of guidance. Thanks.

Joe has enabled anonymous bookmarklet activity with the ability to create a patch instead
of staging and publishing.

This will let anyone "edit" a page on either site. Non-committers will need to attach the
patch to a BZ issue or email. BZ is probably best.

I hope this will get you started.

Sorry, I haven't got to my rewrite of this page. Really busy @work.

Regards,
Dave