incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Real life preview of some of the proposed images
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 19:25:47 GMT
Drew,

  1. I notice that Jürgen's MAC image still has "Open.Office.org" in places (e.g., under
the Orb and in the title of the screen).  I like it too.

  2. The new install images are interesting.  When you are satisfied with the set, I am going
to add the applicable ones (preferably the PNGs) to my QA review of all of the install images
that happen on Windows, so they can be seen in the context in which those users will see them.
 (I am not sure whether the same !-image inclusions can appear on different wiki pages and
work or whether each page needs its own set of resources.  I will test that today.)

  3. Second-order observations on the install-images.zip.  I like these offerings and the
best first thing is to have the images where they can be reviewed and compared and revised.
 Looking ahead:

  3.1 I notice some inconsistencies in the use of the logo and other branding elements among
the different elements.

  3.2 Something is definitely needed for the smaller images that don't have many pixels in
which to be clearly presented.

  3.3 I like the use of the OO Orb, although that has not been discussed as an element of
branding.  I would like to see it used in many places, including insignias and file-association
icons, where it can be very small yet clearly recognizable.  There is a matter of asserting
trademark for it, though.

  3.4 The osxdndinstall image is wonderfully clean.

 - Dennis