incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Moving ahead with the AOO logo and rebranding
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 20:40:56 GMT
 1. I think there should be agreement on the design and not the fine technicalities (is the
font and its license, is there one or more SVG masters, what are the crafted bitmap renderings,
etc.).

 2. It should also be clear what situations a particular image is intended to be employed
in to accomplish branding.

I would like to narrow this to the case that Drew's two image sizes (plus the SVG master)
was directed toward, not any of the other cases (splash screens, icons, etc.).

Now along comes discussion about "incubating" and how/where/whether it appears, as well as
two additional images.  There is also some more-technical consideration with regard to the
rendering of the bitmaps at different scales, but that is very much second-order.

My recommendation is that all of this be consolidated on one wiki page that is specifically
about the case that Drew was covering and where the considerations can be identified as well,
but the scope be kept small.

This is so (1) it is known exactly what the scope of deliberation is and (2) the constraints
that are accepted as requirements for elements of the design can be captured and not have
to be recreated by deep mining into earlier discussions.

 - Dennis