incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Double dictionaries for languages
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:35:53 GMT
I only see Portuguese (Portugal) and Protuguese (Brazil) in the list of supported languages
on Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Business.  Because the language pack is not installed on
my machine, I went to the download site and discovered that the language packs are sold by
Microsoft for $25 per language.  I decided not to spend the money to find out if there was
anything that allowed choice between pre- and post- reform languages.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco A.G.Pinto [mailto:marcoagpinto@mail.telepac.pt]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 02:35
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Double dictionaries for languages

Microsoft Office 2010 allows users to select between Portuguese pre-reform and Portuguese
post-reform.

I would be great if AOO would allow that too.

Kind regards,
       >Marco A.G.Pinto

On 18-01-2012 01:55, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

	If they've registered a separate language code for one or the other, that should be the answer.
 Also, is the agreement just with respect to pt-PT or does it apply to pt-BR, etc.?

	Both dictionaries could be added to the same OXT, just as is done for en-*, but somehow the
user has to have a way to choose the appropriate one for a given circumstance.

	Who knows whether the agreement includes identifiers for use in handling electronic documents
and dictionaries?

	Or has pre-agreement been declared obsolete?

	 - Dennis