incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Moving ahead with the AOO logo and rebranding
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 21:05:00 GMT
+1

To be clear, I assume the discussion is about the single logo that is at the top of the page
("Example" column) and made available in two download formats (Logo-AOO-dj.tar.bz2 and Logo-AOO-dj.zip).

I also assume that it is the essential design that is being approved.  There is need for some
tweaking of the derived bitmaps, especially at the smallest size.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 11:15
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Moving ahead with the AOO logo and rebranding

A month ago Drew sent a logo proposal to the ooo-marketing list.  It
has been discussed and iterated on that list.  The current state of
the proposal is on the wiki:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal

Personally I think this is fine work, and since we've received no
counter-proposals in the last month, we should go ahead and update the
splash screen and website with the new logo.  That's my opinion.
However, others have suggested we take a RTC approach to this.  So be
it.

Please review the logo proposal on the above wiki page.  If you have a
counter proposal now, or if you intend to make a counter-proposal but
need more time, then please speak up.  But if there are no other
proposals, then we have lazy consensus.

Considering that some project members may still be on vacation, I'd
like to leave this open for another full week.

-Rob