incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Question related derivative code based on our Apache licensed code
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 18:00:39 GMT
OT: <http://www.amazon.com/Allegro-non-troppo-Contrappunti-Italian/dp/8815019804/>?

It is conceivable that Cipola produced the English versions himself.  A number of his papers
have English-language titles.

But the Italian title, leads to these: <http://www.bing.com/search?q=%22Le%20%20leggi%20fundamentali%20della%20stupidita%22&FORM=BB07LB&PC=BB07&QS=n>

The full title is "Le leggi fundamentali della stupidità humana" and I see there is a Facebook
group for it (?!).

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Pedro Giffuni [mailto:pfg@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 07:28
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; michael.meeks@suse.com
Subject: Re: Question related derivative code based on our Apache licensed code

[ ... ]

It is really nice because in this project we don't request
silly licensing statements. We assume people are not
stupid enough to send us code that we can't use. Here
the term "stupid" has the same connotation as defined in
Carlo Cipola's classical paper:
    http://cantrip.org/stupidity.html

(BTW, Anyone has a link to the original in italian?)

cheers,

Pedro.