incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: draft - Website migration(+) announcement - draft
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2012 21:39:03 GMT
+1

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2wave@comcast.net]
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2012 11:48
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: draft - Website migration(+) announcement - draft

Hi,

On Jan 1, 2012, at 11:30 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

[ ... ]

> 1.There should always be a web-location permalink (whether project blog or
> elsewhere)

I think it should be flexible - a choice between the blog and a podling page.

We should have a news directory - http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/news/ then each
announcement page is "annouce-YYYYMMDD.mdtext" and non-English versions are probably "announce-YYYYMMDD.LANG.mdtext".
If we do this the url in the email needs to be "http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/news/announce-YYYYMMDD"
and the apache web servers will negotiate the best page for the user.

We can use staging to build announcements and co-ordinate publishing the site.

> 2. The announcement list should only carry plaintext messages with suitable
> links for archival web location, extended content, other-language versions,
> etc.

The more concise the announcement message is, the more likely it will be shared via social
media.

Regards,
Dave

[ ... ]