incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: draft - Website migration(+) announcement - draft
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2012 21:39:03 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Fisher []
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2012 11:48
Subject: Re: draft - Website migration(+) announcement - draft

On Jan 1, 2012, at 11:30 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

[ ... ]
> 1.There should always be a web-location permalink (whether project blog or
> elsewhere)

I think it should be flexible - a choice between the blog and a podling page.

We should have a news directory - then each
announcement page is "annouce-YYYYMMDD.mdtext" and non-English versions are probably "announce-YYYYMMDD.LANG.mdtext".
If we do this the url in the email needs to be ""
and the apache web servers will negotiate the best page for the user.

We can use staging to build announcements and co-ordinate publishing the site.
> 2. The announcement list should only carry plaintext messages with suitable
> links for archival web location, extended content, other-language versions,
> etc.

The more concise the announcement message is, the more likely it will be shared via social

[ ... ]

View raw message