incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: A factoid -or- Background noise
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 05:10:21 GMT
Is there some reason the CPM entry is out of sequence with regard to decreasing percentage?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: drew [mailto:drew@baseanswers.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 19:54
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: A factoid -or- Background noise

Hi,

Well, you know I keep a couple of domains alive, most of what is
available at those sites, nearly 100% now, deals in one way or another
with LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org. Roughly 50% of the traffic comes
from downloading items linked to from one of the web forums.

So - a little stat - the question came up recently in a conversation
regarding user base. Just for kicks I went ahead an tallied up numbers
from the last 3 months of 2011, number of visitors and what the AWSTats
package recognized as the users operating systems.

137,000 + visits

OS / Percentage of total visits

Windows
                            65.4080%
Linux
                            23.2395%
Macintosh
                             7.3497%
Unknown
                             3.8735%
BSD
                             0.0743%
Unknown Unix system
                             0.0180%
AmigaOS
                             0.0150%
Symbian OS
                             0.0075%
Sun Solaris
                             0.0068%
WebTV
                             0.0023%
CPM
                             0.0038%
RISC OS
                             0.0008%
OS/2
                             0.0008%

CPM? Really?

Anyway - just thought I'd pass that little background noise factoid
along.

Best wishes,

//drew