incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: EN Forum Activity Summary
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 04:15:20 GMT
Concerning the graphic in the blog post:  I see the graphic just great when I go to it directly.

On the preview page, I see all other images, just not the graphic.  For that I get the usual
small red X.  (This is with IE 9.0.4 on Windows 7).

DIGGING INTO THE HTML:

If I view source and use the URL that is in the page directly, I am asked whether I want to
download or view the image first.  The difference may be the &amp; escaping (which is
not URL encoding) that is done on the page, even though the page is not in XHTML.  It is in
HTML 4.01 Transitional.  Here's what may be the problematic URL:

  http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/download/file.php?id=13066&amp;mode=view

Chrome 16.0.912.75 loads the image (URL above) directly.  The preview page also loads, with
graphic, just fine.

 - Dennis

PS: This URL,

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/download/file.php?id=13066%26mode=view

Has the same behavior (choice of download or open) when used directly in IE 9.  It opens directly
in Chrome though.

DIGGING INTO THE HTTP:

I think it is the cookies.  All three flavors of the URL (including "&" direct) work the
same once I remember to quote the URL here (line breaks added for readability):

C:\command>curl -iI
   "http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/download/file.php?id=13066&amp;mode=view"
HTTP/1.1 200 OK