incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: Ip Clearance: 1st version of Svg replacement available
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 20:18:14 GMT
	Hi Andrea,

On 26.12.2011 19:29, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 19/12/2011 Armin Le Grand wrote:
>> as mentioned in [1] I have now finished and reintegrated the first
>> version of the Svg replacement from the branch
>
> Very good stuff, really. I can only blame you for not turning this into
> a blog post!

You are right and I'm planning to do exactly that (that was the reason
for the long message a little bit :-)). Let me do that next Year, I need
some days off right now...

> Really, all it would take is a copy and paste of the message you wrote,
> with a couple of screenshots and BugZilla links from Eric's nice post
> http://eric.bachard.org/news/index.php?post/2011/12/03/In-progress-%3A-native-support-of-the-SVG-graphic-format-in-Apache-OpenOffice.org
>
> and, if you wish to ask volunteers to test, a link to a development
> build with this feature enabled and some public repositories of SVG
> files for testing.
>
> So far there is nothing on https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/ explaining
> users what to expect for Apache OpenOffice 3.4. If developers don't post
> interesting information like this announcement there, most users will
> never get (directly or indirectly) information about it.

Absolutely right. I'll take some time next Year to blog about
enhancements already done. I've already got the blog rights, to be able
to do so.

> Regards,
> Andrea.

Sincerely,