incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: gnumake4 integration
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:30:37 GMT
	Hi Eric,

On 16.12.2011 14:05, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 01:04:15PM +0100, eric b wrote:
>>> Question: shall I copy the whole trunk on the branch or only
>>> trunk/main?
>>>

>> Very good question  :-)
>>
>> In fact, I don't know how to create a new branch with svn. Is there
>> a wiki page explaining that ?
>
> I don't use svn myself (I use git-svn), but I've found
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.branchmerge.using.html#svn.branchmerge.using.create
>
> the command will be:
>
> $ svn copy \
>      https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/main \
>      https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/branches/gbuild

I have already started to use branches, I used
https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/branches/alg/svnreplacement
for example, thus putting a username between branches and the name of
the branch. I did that since I also have an aw080 branch there. That
way, the branches will not get too crowded and noone needs to ask the
list whom that branch xyz belongs.

Just my 2 cents...

> If I only copy trunk/main
>
> I see Armin copied the whole trunk, but in this case may be I can omit
> the extras and ext_sources subrepos.
>

> Regards

Sincerely,
	Armin