incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Native support of the SVG graphic format in Apache OpenOffice.org
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 20:19:34 GMT
On 04/12/11 21:27, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Last build breaker I've seen has been found by Andrew, in ucpp. You can
> see it in a clean build, if you do build --all in ucpp.
> On the other hand, I've experienced some random crashes with cygwin's
> make, again unrelated to source code changes.

cygwin ships GNU make 3.81, which suffers from bug 20033, which is
triggered by some of the gbuild stuff if built with -jN for N>1

(ironically i think what triggers it is the response-file stuff that
writes command lines that are "too long" to temp files, which is only
needed on Windows anyway...)

iirc GNU make 3.82 has some performance regression (it stats files
unnecessarily), which is barely noticed on Unix but makes it rather slow
on Windows.

somebody from the LO community built this binary, which is said to be both
fast and crash-free, perhaps you should try it out:

http://dev-www.libreoffice.org/bin/cygwin/make

regards,
 michael