incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Jelowicki <j...@mat.up.wroc.pl>
Subject Re: R: Aoo logo draft
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 15:16:46 GMT
On Fri, 2 Dec 2011, Pedro Giffuni wrote:

> Hi Drew;
>
> I thought about something similar but I was not brave
> enough to put it together ;). Thanks!!
>
> This is typically "bikeshed" material:
>
> 1) Since the "ff"s are together and the "i" has an
> additional space it actually looks like it says
> "Off ice".
> 2)I would prefer "Apache" in the Upper left corner,
> but still not touching the Seagulls.
> 3) I think the blue should be darker.
> 4) I think we should include the M+ font in
>   OpenOffice
> 5) I think I criticize too much and that's easy
> when I don't really do the work ;).

Hello,

I do not think that to be a criticism. Thanks Drew.

At first glance, the "Office" word does not look coherent. Remember that
"ffi" is a standard ligature and it might be applied at small and
moderate font sizes (i.e. excluding huge banners), if present in the font
being used.

Besides, "pen" in "Open" looks too subtle compared to "O".

Thank You,

                                                    Jan Je/lowicki
Department of Mathematics                      Katedra Matematyki
University of Environmental              Uniwersytet Przyrodniczy
and Life Sciences
                           Wroc/law, POLAND