incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WWW] Changeover is Close - Final Tasks!
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 18:56:56 GMT
On Dec 22, 2011, at 9:22 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> Shouldn't there be clarification that this is effectively pulling the plug on all of
those lists and their OO.o-hosted archives?

Certainly. I have not focused on the ML switchover. Kay and Rob were working on it and I only
have so much bandwidth.

Regards,
Dave

> - Dennis

don't. Who will change the site and how? Should it be before the migration or after?

> Regards,
> Dave
>
> On Dec 22, 2011, at 12:17 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>
>> I don't see any ooo-site/trunk/content/projects/www/lists at all.
>>
>> I am at a loss to know how I might be helpful in that respect.
>>
>> It looks like dynamically-generated content when I go to <http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists>.
 The display is different depending on whether I am logged-in or not and when I am logged-in
the display is different for lists I am subscribed to than ones that I am not subscribed to.

>> - Dennis

before migration. There are several last issues for people to review.

>>> (1) What news stories should we have on ooo-site.apache.org ready for migration
on /index.html?

>>> (2) /mail_lists.html needs review and/or redirection to the podling site. Please
help.

>>> The email subscribes, unsubscribes and links have been updated for:
>>>
>>> ooo-users		for user@oo.o
>>> ooo-dev			for dev@*oo.o and discuss@oo.o
>>> ooo-announce 	for announce@oo.o
>>> ooo-marketing	for dev@marketing.oo.o
>>> ooo-utenti		for utenti@oo.o (is this correct? it should be ooo-utenti-il...)
>>>
>>> <orcmid>
>>> It is ooo-utenti-it (-il is a different language/country [;<)
>>> </orcmid>
>>>
>>> Other @openoffice.org addresses will continue to function. That is a different
migration for another discussion.

>>> <orcmid>
>>> There are web pages for managing lists @ openoffice.org over the web.
>>> See, for example, < http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists>.
>>> Will these go up in smoke with the cut-over or what?
>>
>> Yes. Managing lists certainly differs, it is Apache. I spent no time adjusting /mail_lists.html,
I am asking for someone else to JFDI. Is that you? I'll certainly help you tomorrow.